Notes on the relevant fees and amount in dispute for the Expedited Procedure provided in the South China International Arbitration Center (HK) Arbitration Rules (Effective 1 May 2022)
1. Registration Fee. For arbitration administered under the South China International Arbitration Center (HK) ("SCIAHK") Arbitration Rules ("Rules"), a non-refundable registration fee is fixed at HKD 5,000.
2. Amount in dispute for application of the Expedited Procedure. Pursuant to article 23A, paragraph 1(a) of the Rules, the amount in dispute shall not exceed HKD 10,000,000 for application of the Expedited Procedure.
3. Limit for Arbitral Tribunal Fees based on Hourly Rate. An arbitrator's hourly rate shall not exceed HKD 6,500.
4. Application Deposit for the Emergency Arbitrator Procedure. For an application to procedures set out in Appendix 1 Emergency Arbitrator Procedure (“Application”), the applicant shall pay the Application Deposit HKD 161,000 on the date the Application is submitted. Pursuant to article 2, paragraph 3 of Appendix 1 of the Rules, the SCIAHK may decide to increase the deposit, however, at a total fee not exceeding HKD 200,000.
* The Notes apply to arbitrations administered under the Rules. The SCIAHK may interpret the terms as well as the scope of application of the Notes.